ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Other duties may be
Develops and leads the Company's Safe Operations with
Zero Harm strategy and processes. (60%)
- Coordinates the Company-wide safety and loss prevention
- Develops and monitors safety processes and metrics for
compliance and effectiveness in the goal for Zero Harm.
- Maintains knowledge of OSHA regulations in all states where we
- Develops and oversees the internal assessment/audit process to
ensure the management of risk to as Low As Reasonably Achievable
(ALARA) and to comply with Federal and State Occupational Safety
and Health regulations.
Manages environmental compliance programs.
- Coordinates the environmental activities, plans, and permits at
- Works closely with general managers and environmental
consultants to ensure management of risk to ALARA and compliance
with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Interfaces with outside government agencies on permit and
- Conducts audits of facilities to ensure risk is ALARA and
locations are in compliance with regulations.
Assists in management of property and casualty insurance
- Assists in insurance negotiations and selecting insurance
brokers and carriers.
- Coordinates the activities of the workers' compensation
administration for all locations.
- Manages workers' compensation claims until closure.
- Identifies potential losses and develops plans to manage risk
Works and participates in industry work groups.
- Works through associations in an effort to influence present
and propose OSHA and EPA regulations that govern the wire
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Directly supervises 1 employee(Building Maintenance
person) Responsibilities include directing activities,
appraising performance and addressing needs and
resolvingproblems as they relate to maintaining a smooth office
operation, maintaining the physical building and providing for the
material needs of the office buildings and occupants.
- Indirectly supervises 10 employees(Environmental/Safety
Managers at each location)
Responsibilities include directing activities; appraising
performance; and addressing complaints and resolving problems, as
related to Safe Operations with Zero Harm and compliance of
Property and Casualty Insurance, which includes Workers'
Compensation, Auto, General Liability as well as OSHA and EPA rules
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement