ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
Generalist HR: (20%)
- Coaches management/supervisors on various employee and policy
- Assists Team Leaders in counseling employees and providing
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies,
procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Prepares separation notices and related documentation, and
conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind
- Administers the performance review program to ensure
effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the facility.
- Maintains awareness of wages/benefits in market area.
Industrial Health/Safety: (12%)
- Assists Supervisors as needed in accident investigation and
safety training ZERO HARM.
- Prepares documentation for company, insurance carriers and
- Ensures facility safety compliance with all applicable local,
state, and federal regulations.
- Assists General Manager and Maintenance Manager with OSHA
visitations and proper follow up and compliance.
- Maintains an active Safety Committee and holds periodic
Strategy & Policy Development: (5%)
- Creates HR strategy.
- Assists in the development and implementation of plant policies
- Leads and assists in organization change efforts.
- Oversees orientation training to new hires.
- Assists with ZERO HARM training for new employees.
- Monitors Pay-for-Skills skills approval sheets in order to
ensure employees receive proper increases.
- Participates in the development of safety training
- Attends annual seminars regarding labor law updates when
- Conducts and/or schedules labor law training when
- Identifies and pursues potential recruiting resources.
- Manages the hiring process of recruiting, interviewing and
screening applicants; making recommendations to hiring
- Establishes processes and procedures for applicant
Manages the orientation process to:
- Obtain information for HR/PR System.
- Inform new employees of company policies and procedures.
- Foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Employee Relations/Union: (5%)
- Interacts regularly with employees to maintain open
- Maintains awareness of union activity and represents management
in union matters/negotiations.
Payroll Administration: (14%)
- Manages payroll processes.
- Provides timely and accurate responses to SOX
Benefits Administration: (4%)
- Manages benefit administration.
- Manages recordkeeping of files maintaining compliance with
company, state and federal regulations.
Unemployment and Workers Compensation: (5%)
- Represents Management at unemployment hearings.
- Represents Management at Workers Compensation hearings.
Community Involvement: (2%)
- Represents the Company in community involvement such as Chamber
of Commerce, schools, job fairs, etc.
- HR staffing, compensation and other reports as indicated in
specific areas of responsibility.
- Audits Check Book and submits reimbursement requests.
- Audits Petty Cash and submits reimbursement requests.
Committees (Member or Facilitator): (2%)
- Quality Council/Steering Committee
- Hiring Team
- Compensation Design Team
- Employee Activities
- Employee Correction Action Team/Attendance Team
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement